2017: Year of the Great American Eclipse

December 30, 2017

Wow, I can't believe I have not posted anything yet this year. Not too late I guess.

2017 was largely uneventful in terms of travel, except for a crazy 2 week span in August. It was the craziest trip in terms of scope and experience, and years in the making. In 2 weeks, I :

  • Visited Tokyo for the first time as an adult.
  • Checked off my bucket list of viewing the world famous wildflower display of Mount Rainier. 
  • Visited Portland for the very first time. 
  • and finally, the main purpose of the trip: experienced The Great American Eclipse, thereby crossing off bucket list #2. 
It will be hard to put the experience of the solar eclipse in words, but this Ted Talk video hits most of the points:


Am I a changed man after witnessing nature's most intense spectacle? Probably not. But if I were to look back at 2017, it would no doubt be the year of the Great American Eclipse. I will most certainly blog about it, and that shall be 2018 New Year's resolution #1.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments